Advent Calendar Frame Wreath

November 18, 2011

This is the more wreathy {wreathy?} version.
 It took me two days, but I have finally finished my advent calendar!  I wish I had a better camera, this one really doesn't do this project justice {and the lack of natural lighting isn't doing anyone any favors}.

All the cool craft bloggers have already posted their gorgeous Silhouette advent calendars and I was feeling a little left out!  I want to hang out with the cool kids!

I wrapped cardboard with yarn, attached a clip and WA-LA!
I love that I can still use the frame as a frame.
Switch the picture out whenever the mood strikes!







I don't have a Silhouette Cameo {yet - it is on my Christmas list} so I had to go a different direction.  I have a few boxes of 2in x 2in steel tins left over from our fantabulous wedding {we filled tins with a variety of spices/rubs, wrapped
them with embroidery thread and adorned it with a vintage crystal button and a little thank you tag} and I wanted to find some use for them.  Well, here it is!

I used a few different solid color card stock and patterned paper, along with a few scraps of duck cloth and handfuls of random crafty goodness from my closet of surprises.

Each tin is decorated differently {do you know how hard that is!?} and at some point before December 1st, will be filled with leftover Halloween candy, teeny tiny ornaments and strips of card stock with fun, family activities to partake in.  Can't wait!

I had Maia draw a picture of her and her sister with Santa for now.  Might switch out the art for other Christmas pretties or family photos as the season progresses.

Here are a few close-ups of some of my favorites {as I took the close-ups I realized that most of them are my favorites...}.

I was really unhappy with this one at first, then I added a little sparkle and BAM - LOVE IT!






The bell came from a pack of 9 bells from the dollar store.  I LOVE things that are only a dollar.

I hand painted those itty bitty ornaments.  I was pretty proud of myself.

I am in love with it!

My next big Christmas project is going to be a baby jar Christmas chandelier.  I've got boxes {and boxes, and boxes...} of empty baby food jars so expect to see me using them whenever I possibly can!








Visit thecsiproject.com 





Check them out!**

18 comments:

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

this is such a darling idea, I'm in love with it too! these are great! I'd love it if you would add this to my blog party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much Marissa! I just linked up with your party, but looks like it was on Wednesday? I will be sure to check back and see what else you've got going on. Thanks again!

Anna at www.mylifeandkids.com said...

Love this!!

michelle b @ every little thing inspired said...

you did a great job on that!! I love the little tins..! you shouldnt feel intimidated by the "cool" bloggers!! It'll make you go crazy! You just havent been discovered yet! You're the "brilliant crafty type" remember!? :) found you over at letter 4...
xoxo

Jennifer said...

@Anna - Thank you so much!

@Michelle - Thank you for the support! Us brilliant, crafty types have to stick together. :)

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

What a great way to use those little tins!! So creative :) Thank you very much for sharing it at the "Winter Wonderland" party over at I Gotta Create! It is sure to inspire!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Such a pretty and unique advent calendar! I am a new follower from Young and Crafty. Thanks for sharing. Vicky from Mess For Less

Lori said...

I love this...I want a Cameo too! Guess we'll have to settle for a while. I'm a new follower so stop by and see me and follow if you like.
Warm wishes, Lori @ bleak2unique.com

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my project and leave a comment! Much appreciated!

The CSI Girl said...

So so cute!!!
I hope you will come link this up to the CSI Project. The challenge this week is Advent Calendars. You could take home the top prize or the great giveaway. Come over all week for tutorials and enter the FB giveaway!
www.thecsiproject.com

Jennifer said...

@CSI girl - I absolutely will! Thanks for sharing!

Tracey @ My House of Giggles said...

So creative!! You're so amazing to think of all the different ways to decorate each little box!

Camille said...

This is so dang cute!! I have never seen an advent calendar like this- I LOVE it! We would love to have you stop by and share this at our link party:
http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/11/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-21.html
Have a great weekend!
Camille @
SixSistersStuff.com

Blissful & Domestic said...

Love this idea! I'd love for you to link up to my Homemade in December Link Carnival.

http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

Jennifer said...

Loving all these comments! Thank you ladies!

Whit said...

What a fun advent idea. Love it. Thank you for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share party. Please come back this week and share your latest project with us.

A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
wjwiki07@hotmail.com

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love this so much I'm featuring it tomorrow in my advent calendar round up http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Natasha in Oz said...

This is wonderful. I think your pictures are wonderful-they really show how much work went into this amazing advent calendar!

I am hosting an Advent calendar link up as part of my 12 Days of Christmas series at my Christmas blog. I sure do hope you can pop by and link up this wonderful post!

Best Christmas wishes,
Natasha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...